Sunday, June 24, 2007

Playin' in the Big Girls League...

My long time crit partner and verra good friend, Sherry (Shara) Jones and I have written "together" now for several years-- with the IM window permanently open while we write. As far as we're concerned, there's no other way to do it. We chat, we joke, we write, we brainstorm, we share, we problem solve when the WIPs demand it, and we both have a well-developed aim for kickin' each other's butts into gear.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

We've collaborated on a series together (the Blue Plate Special: Pops' Girls series), raced each other while writing our spookie novella's for By Grace's Out of the Shadows anthology, raced just for the heck of it, critiqued numerous novels for each other (um, she has a WICKED green pen for that-- ;) )... So it really made sense to us to take the next step together.

See, we're e-published with both By Grace and Moonlit Romance, and are now turning our attentions to "Da Big Girls"-- Print publication-- our novels nestled together on the bookstore shelves... (Hehe... even mebbe even displayed with a BNA such as... I dunno, Nora Roberts. What? It's good to be able to dream, have a goal to reach for!)

To that end, we've decided that taking this plunge ---(Okay, I'll admit it--- I've been dragging my footies for a while on this, and finally, Sherry shoved me into the water. Batted them long-lashed eyes at me and said in an uber sweet voice, "I'm writing this one for Da Big Girls. It sure would be fun if I had company") --- would be much more fun together.

Of course, I have obligations to meet for Moonlit and By Grace (and intend to continue writing for both companies), as well as "Life Obligations"-- family, home, hearth, the stupid laundry.... So she's ahead of me with her WIP. But no worries. I'll catch up with her.

To follow us along on what we're calling "Our Project," visit our blog: Two for the Show... Play'n in Write Field. We'd love to see you there!

No comments: