1. It's a valid excuse to snarf chocolate.
2. Because the voices in my head won't leave me alone unless I'm writing.
3. It's cheaper than therapy.
4. I can set my own office hours.
5. Because I'm no good at solving mysteries, and therefore wouldn't be able to write one that readers couldn't solve within reading the first paragraph.
6. I love the fairy tale, happily ever after ending.
7. There's nothing on TV worth watching.
8. It's fun to torture my crit partner (Sherry/Shara Jones) with my panster style of writing.
9. I don't have to shower, and I can wear my jammies.
10. I'm in between Nora Roberts' novels, waiting for a new one to come out.