Saturday, September 29, 2007

Name That Puppy!

My menfolk are off camping this weekend with the boy scouts, and I am at home with our brand new puppy. Just picked him up today.

He's a Shih Tzu, and is 11 weeks old. Oh, my, is he adorable. No words exist to describe how cute this little thing is. And he is nameless until the menfolk arrive home tomorrow night.

I'm favoring a couple different ideas for naming him. "Shih Tzu" means "Lion Dog," so there's the obvious moniker of "Simba." The other options: a Chinese name, as this breed is from China originally.

My Grandma had a couple of Shih Tzu's back in the '80s. They were named Toy and Ching. Toy wouldn't work at all for a boy dog, but I do like Ching.

So, here are the options I like best, and hopefullly, my menfolk will like one of them, too.

Simba
Ching
Chi
Ming Yew
Jin
Xing Fu
Liang
Leo
Kai
Fangzhou
Genji
Shao
Shao Sung
Xinxin
Yip Ping (Bwahahahahahahahahaha! He yip-barks.)
Yip Bing


Okay, I think that's enough for now. Pooperdoggie is currently under my desk, snoozing, by my foot. He's not cute at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Leo or Simba.

Can't wait to see a picture of him. Bwahaha @ Yip Ping.

Jennie

Laura Hamby said...

LOLOLOL.

*Whistling innocently.