Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Vampire Dreams

Well, I'm pleased to report that for the first time since last Friday, I haven't dreamt about vampires. Now, I couldn't tell you about the dreams per se, only that I'd wake up and remember that I'd been dreaming about vampires. It follows that I'd ask my husband if he'd been turned into a vampire while he was out of town last week.

His response? He wasn't looking at me when I asked the question, but he turned his head very slowly towards me. His eyebrows were drawn together over the bridge of his nose, and he said, "Um, no. I don't think so. I'm still going to bed at night and getting up in the morning."

Me: "Did my question surprise you?"

Mr. Laura just shook his head at me. I think he was thinking, "She's going around the bend. It's been a long time coming, but maybe she's finally made the turn. God knows the turn signal's been on a long time now."

I can only hope he'll miss me while I'm bouncing around in my rubber-padded resort get-away suite.

No comments: