Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Art and Real Life

Art imitates real life. Or maybe, real life imitates art. Sometimes, you just have to wonder. I'd sooooo like real life to imitate art because I want a magic wand, a la Harry Potter, so I can wave it around my house, shouting (with tremendous glee), "SCOURGIFY!"

I find myself intrigued by the trailers I've seen on TV for the new Tom Hanks movie, Larry Crowne. I'm thinkin' I need to go see it---because it is, after all, Tom Hanks. Can't think of a single movie I've seen him in that I didn't like. As I said, this one intrigues. And intrigue is a very good motivator for writers, isn't it? You never know just what will spark an idea.

Anything can be new and fresh---it's all in the execution. Not to mention the fact that we're all individual, unique people with our own perspectives.

So, what tired old ideas floating around out there do you find intriguing enough to breathe new life into, and polish up? One of my faves is the premise for *While You Were Sleeping*---one of my all time favorite movies. How could that be freshened and polished? That is today's writing prompt challenge. Hehe. And when I get a few minutes to rub together, I'll work on it myself.

No comments: