Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Finished!

At 12:39 a.m. this morning, I finished the Christmas novella. It's a tremendous relief to have the rough draft done. Now the pressure is off to actually WRITE something.

The next part is the purtification of what I wrote. See, as I write, things unfold, ideas occur and are implemented, making it necessary for me to go back through to revise, edit and layer.

No, I don't believe in outlines. Why? Well, see, that's a long, sad story. Suffice it to say that as a student in elementary school, I was tortured and forced to learn how to outline. Once I learned how to do this, I was expected to be able to do it forever after. This is my small rebellion.

Yes, I realize one day, I may want to master the Art of Outlining My Novel Ahead of Time... but really, I don't think it would be as fun to write that way.

To celebrate the Finishing of the Novella, I cleaned my house today, while watching HGTV. I love HGTV, although I also think it's evil. Makes me wish I'd majored in interior design in college.

No comments: