Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Importance of Naming Characters

I love to name my characters. I really do. I could spend hours browsing through my favorite baby naming website, looking for Just The Right Name. It's as important as bestowing the Right Name on your actual children. Characters who've been named wrong tend to get... well... poopish... about cooperating. At least, they do for me.

So, imagine my joy when my dear friend and crit partner, Shara Jones, gave me a link to a site she uses to learn more about the names she's chosen for her characters. Here's the link.

Heaven. I was in heaven. Spent quite a while running characters' names through, to see if they were spot on. GGG. And my name, my husband's name, and the names of my children. My sisters, my mother and father...

Very enlightening, entertaining, and more valid than not.

No comments: