Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Smart is a Good Color on You

I just finished organizing my favorite's list. Pretty durned scary, if you think about--- all these things we save because at the time, they are important.

Many of my links are important. I have an entire folder dedicated to writing links, and research links, and all my webbies (because heaven knows, if I don't save those, I'll never remember them. GGG)...

So, why am I boring you with this?

A couple of reasons.

1. Because I can.

2. Because I thought I'd share some of my favorite links.

As an editor, I get to see some very interesting punctuation -- or lack of punctuation. Punctuation is scary, true, but it doesn't have to be. Your editor/agent will be delirious with joy ten ways to Sunday if you can punctuation properly. I myself am living for the day when I don't have to correct punctuation in the course of editing, but I know it's a vain hope. It's a bugaboo even for those of us who should know better. GGG.

Here's a couple of nifty linkies: How to Punctuate, Grammar Slammer Punctuation, and Holy Mother Grammatica's Guide to Good Writing. (Scroll down for punctuation at HMG's site.)

There. My job here is finished. Learn to punctuate properly. Seriously. It'll make you look very smart.

And smart is a good color on you.

No comments: