Sunday, August 12, 2007

Got Creativity?



Hi. My name is Laura, and I'm an HGTV-a-holic. I am addicted to HGTV shows like *Design Star* and *Designed to Sell* and *House Hunters*... Yeah, I'll also admit I like watching *Clean House* on Style, too.

Isn't creativity a wonderful gift? There are so many ways for it to manifest itself in us, from artists who paint, draw and sketch to folks like my sister who scrapbooks (I'm going to mail her about 15 years worth of pictures for her to put into scrapbooks for me. Hehe. No, I'm not really going to do that. It's an empty threat, but well worth the eye-roll she does.) Some are lucky enough to be able to decorate beautifully. Some, like me, express creativity through writing. In fact, I'd say that even those who would insist don't have a "creative bone in their bodies" might be surprised-- can you cook a gourmet meal? Do you bake and decorate birthday cakes for your loved ones that get wow'd every time? Can you picture something in your mind and build it? Do you teach school-- that takes a tremendous amount of creativity, IMHO. Are the gifts you wrapped the prettiest ones under the tree at Christmas?

So, got creativity? (Yes, I'm wincing at the poor grammar. Can't help myself.)

I bet you do.

No comments: