Thursday, August 02, 2007

Painting Tips



Yesterday, I painted the downstairs bathroom, and today, I have some pointers to share with you.

1. Paint behind the toilet first. Get that out of the way right off the bat. Doesn't matter if you paint the back of the toilet tank... nobody can see that. Just wipe up the visible paint specks. Oh, and covering the toilet tank with a plastic bag only makes it harder to roll behind the toilet.

2. Don't position your stepladder near the vent that's covered with a cheapo plastic register. When one leg breaks through the cheapo plastic register, you'll be thrown off the stepladder onto the floor, probably on your po-po. This will hurt. If you're lucky (as I was), you won't throw the paint or knock yourself out. (I only managed to paint the vinyl flooring with my roller brush when I went down).

3. Hire someone to do the painting so you don't have to.

1 comment:

Robin Bayne said...

Best painting tip ever:

Hire someone to do it for you!