Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just Hear Those Sleighbells Ring-a-Ling...

...
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is just around the corner. So close, I can hear those sleighbells ring-a-ling-jing-jing-jingling too. Jolly Old Saint Nicholas needs to do more than just lean his ear this way. I'll Be Home for Christmas if I'm not locked in the store at closing because I got buried under an avalanche caused by the March of the Toy Soldiers! Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh, but I prefer to be enclosed in my nice, warm Minivan. More space to put the bags, yanno. Of course, while waiting for the youngsters to go to sleep on Christmas Eve, I might be awake far into the night, able to say to my husband, "Do You Hear What I Hear? Hark, the Herald Angels sing on this O Holy Night." -- while we're waiting for the kids to go to sleep so it turns into a Silent Night. The Twelve Days of Christmas just go by too fast! I'm not ready for Christmas, not even in my dreams. However, I know I'll pull it off and we'll Have a Merry Little Christmas, even if we aren't Roasting Chestnuts on an Open Fire.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

No comments: