Friday, April 17, 2009

Today's Fieldtrip



I've made a lot of friends online, from various writers' loops, and today, I met up with a friend--*G*-- who is nearbyish. I say "ish" because it was a 3 hour round trip for me in the car, but boy, braving the idiots on the freeway (myself included, since I try to avoid freeways at all costs and therefore, drive like an idiot on them when I can't avoid it...but I digress) was worth the twitch in my shoulder.

A little background... Last year, another friend on the loop was diagnosed with a health problem, and our group sent money to *G* to go to a wonderful yarn shop called La Knitterie (I hope I spelled that right) to put together a yarn bouquet, as our sick friend weaves and knits. Her comment on the yarn she received was that some of it was so soft, she could just stand there and fondle it all day. Thus, the term "yarn fondling" was coined and getting to go to *the* shop to fondle the yarn is a coveted fieldtrip.

The first picture is is my breakfast at Jerry's Deli. Cheese Blintzes. They were listed on the menu in such a manner that my eyeballs refused to look at anything else, and thus I ordered them. I'd never had them before, but if I ever get back there to Jerry's, guess what I'm ordering for breakfast? Mmmmmmm...


The second picture is *G* and I yarn fondling. On our way out the door, we found SILK yarn to fondle and I must say, "Ooo...La la." ALMOST as good as having Hugh Jackman lap dance for you.

Third picture---a stuffed alpaca (I'm guessing it's an alpaca), and it's in the yarn shop. Yes, I pet it, it was irresistable and very cute.

So, that's what I did today instead of writing. Don't tell my Muse. She's in an uproar enough as it is, demanding I write, and sulking when I get sidetracked. *Ahem.* Must say, this fieldtrip was worth risking the fury of the Muse.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Joanna Sandsmark said...

It sounds like you and *G* had a lovely time. I'm also a big fan of Jerry's and have been known to yarn fondle, as well. Small world! The only question I have is, why is your arm purple (if that is your arm. It could be *G*'s, but I picture her as less purple. Dunno why).

Angie (Hippo) said...

I am soooo jealous of your and *G*s yarnfondling and food eating! I wish I could have been there too, but as I'm on the other side of the world you are both safe from me.

And Joanna, I suspect perhaps the purple arm belongs to a certain annoying dinosaur instead of Laura or *G*... no?

Laura Hamby said...

Hmmm...The Purple Arm Conundrum. Whatever could've caused that? I'll blame the purple box on the right side of the blog making the arm in the pic look purple.