Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Morning Musings...

...from a not so awake zombie.

That would be me. Nobody could accuse me of being a morning glory.



So, here are my wild and whacky Saturday morning musings. Pardon the jumble. I haven't replaced my blood with caffiend yet.

1. Okay, I've been watching the Jon and Kate Media Train Wreck now for a few weeks and I know I should just look away. I don't really watch the show on TLC, I mean, I didn't want to be around for potty training my OWN kids, why would I want to watch some other kids being potty trained? On TV? Isn't that rather...personal? It's embarrassing enough with the 'rents whip out the old photo album chockful of every mortifying childhood event gleefully preserved for posterity, can you imagine having moving pictures of you sitting on the training toity to do your business, followed by your mother with a camera taking a picture of what you left behind? How gross is that? Ew. Sorry, Kate, that doesn't qualify for "creating memories" for your children. It's just nasty. With, as Mr. Laura would say, with a capital "K."

2. Turf builder weed and feed for your lawn stinks. Yes, stinks. Hard to describe the odor, but it's kinda... I dunno, stinky. You may assume from this that Mr. Laura just weed/feeded the yard.

3. The prospect of cleaning out and organizing the cupboards in my laundry room, astonishingly enough, does not fill me with anticipatory joy.

4. My writing buddies in the Bat Cave at eharlquin think I'm the Cleaning Queen. In fact, so much so, that for a good 4/5 years now, my name "Laura" has been turned into a verb in the Cave. When those crazy bats claim they're "lauraing their cave," they mean they're cleaning their homes. Bwahahahahahaha. I think it's hysterical to have my name turned into a verb and given a definition.

5. Mr. Laura and our middle son are Morning People. Now, I can't claim any responsibility for Mr. Laura's distressing Morning People tendencies, but I'm horrified I gave birth to a Morning People. He's cute, he's witty, he's all boy, but he's a Morning People. Disturbing. GGG.

6. Kids eventually do grow out of being finicky eaters.

7. Tiled floors are cold. This is only a good thing in the heat of summer. Just sayin' is all.

Alrighty then, that's about all my braincell can handle at the moment. Happy Saturday to everyone! Enjoy the last days of May, June starts MONDAY. Shocking, huh?

No comments: