Sunday, September 06, 2009

Fortune Cookies

We are fond of going out for all you can eat Chinese and seafood buffet. What a combo, huh? And the best part of the meal? The fortune cookies. We always share what our fortunes say, and sometimes we swap because someone got one meant for another person. The boys think it's funny to swap fortunes.

This afternoon, my youngest son got "A well fed romance nourishes the soul." He's not even in double digits in age yet, and there is clearly no need for him to be worried about romance yet. Seriously. By the schedule my MIL set with my hubby (she woke him up on his 16th birthday and asked him if she was ever gonna be a grandma---no joke---Mr. Laura replied, "Do you want me to get to work on that right now, or can I wait a few years?"), we have years before this needs to be a concern.

So I told him, "Oh, you got mine." The kid promptly handed it over. We had to scramble around a bit to find his rightful fortune, but phew! Mr. Laura had left his with me when he went to wash his hands (crab legs are so messy to eat), so I gave that to the kid. The kid beamed and put it in his pocket.

The fortune in the cookie I opened said, "All that we are is a result of what we have thought."

And our lucky numbers (from both fortunes I laid claim to) 11, 11, 14, 19, 20, 21, 27, 28, 34, 35, 43, 44.

Time to go buy a lotto ticket, I think.

No comments: