Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Insert Wildly Intelligent Title Here

I went and saw The Time Traveler's Wife last night. (Link to purchase the book.) Having not read the book, I didn't quite know what to expect, other than what I'd seen in the teaser trailer when I'd gone to see The Proposal earlier this summer. Of course, in the teaser trailers leading up to the start of The Time Traveler's Wife, I came across 2 more movies I'd like to see. Teasers are insidious that way.

No, I'm not going to review the movie, other than to say it was worth the price of admission (it was ladies night at my local theater, so I got in for half price...but I'd've paid full price to see this movie. Well, that's a lie. I'm fond of matinees. You have more $$$ on hand then for the refreshments at the concession stand.).

So, there you have it. I saw a movie, I liked it, I saw teaser trailers for 2 more movies I'd like to see...All's good in Chick Flick Land, as I even have a chick friend who, like me, is married to a Macho Man who'd rather not be caught viewing a chick flick with his wife (even with incentives), surrounded by testosterone (she has 2 sons, I have 3, we both have Macho Men Husbands)...It's good to have company at the movies. More fun if you can giggle and drool over the leading men with a friend. Also, it lessens the weirdness quotient to go see a movie with a friend, instead of by yourself. In my humble opinion.

No comments: