Thursday, September 03, 2009

Meaniepants

Came across that term in an In Death book, can't remember which one right off the top of my head, but it made me laugh, and the word's stuck in my head ever since I read it. I do foresee me re-reading all the In Death books I own, just to find that phrase again.

Being fond of "Meaniepants," I turned around and applied it to Sherry when she started getting, well, rude, about why wasn't I writing and providing her with snippets of said writing in order to ease her boredom at work. Sure. I live to ease her workday-induced boredom. Today, she was downright polite: "May I have a snippet please? Thank you." and "Send more. Thank you." Yeah, an ice cube wouldn't melt anywhere in her presence.

So, the rough version of chapter 2 is done, and I blame Sherry. So much so that I told her if I successfully shop this novel when it's done, the dedication is going to read "To Sherry Meaniepants. You're the biggest meaniepants I know."

Now she's demanding chapter 3. Sheesh. You'd think one chapter a day would be sufficient. ;)

No comments: