But I digress.
Keeping up with the writing during any season isn't easy, but the holidays can make it more difficult. There's baking, shopping, company, kids' school vacations---all sorts of lovely distractions that take our attention away from the current Work In Progress. So how to combat this? Good question. I have a few ideas, which I'll share, but I'd like to hear from others...What do you do to keep up with your writing during the Holiday Season? Do you even try?
1. Write in between baking sessions. It's also a good opportunity to taste-test the goods. Wouldn't want to serve up inferior cookies, would you? ;)
2. Take your Neo, Alphie, Notebook/Pen, Notebook computer...and write while you're standing in the layaway or check out lines, or while standing in the line with your li'l ones to meet Santa. There's always a line during the Holiday Season, capitalize on it. GGG
3. If you have company, grab your portable writing device and hide in the bathroom.
4. Christmas Eve night, for those waiting for the li'l ones to fall asleep so Santa can visit, use that time to write. Or nap. It's a toss up at that point, which would be more beneficial. Do what's best for you. (ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....)
5. Grab any random spare moment that presents itself.
6. Plan ahead, know what you want to get accomplished and get it done before the true insanity of the Holiday Season takes hold. That way you can really enjoy the best part of this time of year---spending time with your family. :)
Happy Holiday Season Writing...and Happy Holiday Season. :D