Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Best Laid Plans...

...Always go awry.

So, the writing prompt thing didn't work out quite the way I imagined it. Bummer. It's so easy to get sidetracked, and boy, have I been side tracked.

Got an opportunity to write another article for Design Aglow. YAY! Then we had company over Mother's Day weekend. Mostly, the days seem to get away from me, and I can't quite figure out where they're going! I sit down, with the best of intentions, to work, and when I look up, ZOOM! The day has gone and it's time to go get kids from school, start the "Do Your Homework Chant," feed the family, get someone to practice or a game, or, on rare nights like tonight, we're doing NOTHING. That's not true. I'm BBQ'n' steak for dinner to celebrate that we don't need to leave the house again once we've all managed to get home.

BIL has found a job. YAY! His hours out of the house are the same as everyone else's. YAY! YAY! I have some silence to admire on a daily basis now. Of course, that's due to end in the beginning of June, when school is out, so I'm making the most of it NOW. With summer comes the end of soccer and baseball season. However, if a certain young man makes an all-star team, baseball doesn't totally end. There's scout camp looming, too, which means we'll be heading to the pool several times a week so the boys can work on their swimming skills again to be ready for that.

The writing.

Well. The Design Aglow article is all but done. Finishing the read-thru and editing, then it will be winging it's way thru cyberspace to the photographer I interviewed, then it's off to be turned in for publication. It's been a lovely diversion.

After that, back to the WIP. My enthusiasm for that hasn't curbed despite my chaotic life getting in the way lately. Can't WAIT to finish this novel and send it out into the world.

Sooooo...That's all the news that is news in my little corner of the world. It's been wild lately, and I'm looking forward to that calming this weekend, when I'm doing the Grannie Wave on the porch as my 3 sons and DH drive off for an overnight camp out with scouts, early Saturday morning. I'm thinking that jammies will be the dress code for that day, and I hope the ones I want don't need laundered.

Happy Wednesday!

What I like in a good author is not what he says, but what he whispers. ~Logan Pearsall Smith, "All Trivia," Afterthoughts, 1931

The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make. ~Truman Capote, McCall's, November 1967

No comments: