Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Observations...

...It's terrific Carrie Fisher lost 50 pounds, but I want to know why she's botoxed or plastic surgeried her face to the point she can barely move her mouth to talk.

The Kim Cattrall I Can't Believe It's Not Butter commercial annoys me. "We like." "Oui." Um, no. We don't like. By "we," I really mean "me."

I've been pondering for a long time now WHY the Kardashians are famous. Now the "news" is making a big deal out of whichever one got married recently had been married before and that it's news to her new husband. Who. The. Hayle. CARES? And why am I commenting on it? ARG.

Okay...I'm sorry. Michele Bachmann? You aren't nearly as funny as you think you are. WHY would you jest about the earthquake and Hurricane Irene as being God sending a wake up call to the politicians in Washington DC? Not funny in my book. This muddying the separation of church and state line trend alarms me. Religion is fine. In our homes, in our churchs, but not in our government. I certainly don't vote for my representatives so they can turn around and use their office as a stage for their revival efforts.

Chocolate banana smoothies are nummylicious.

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, greenbeans... they're calling me. Guess what's for dinner? Guess who has to go to the store to pick up a big chub of ground beef, some taters, some gravy mix and greenbeans?

Started writing a Christmas short story. Have started my Christmas crafts for presents, too. Fun, fun, fun.

Neighbor who moved gave us their trampoline. Boys love it, and the Coolest Backyard in the Neighborhood got even cooler. It's a kid magnet. Now that the kids are in school, I'm tempted, once it's not so darned hot outside, to go jump on it myself.

Something is beeping intermittenly. Must track it down. BEEP BEEP BEEP like every few minutes. Maybe it's my new cell phone begging to be plugged in. I have no idea. Very strange. Not like a smoke detector spazzing because the battery's dying. Whatever, it's reminded me I need to plug in my cell phone to charge it. Now if I can just hold onto that thought until I finish and post this blog...

Tuesday is early dismissal day for my elementary and middle school sons. Every Tuesday, with few exceptions. JOY. I don't love Tuesdays.

The palm trees along the fenceline are beautiful when the wind ruffles the fronds. Great view from here on the sofa.

Dust. It's everywhere. Dust is not my friend. I spend too much of my time chasing the dust, so it doesn't colonize and create dust bunny communities.

Two knuckleheaded dogs live here with me, and when I get up off the couch, they go curl up in the warm spot I left...then look at me sooooo reproachfully when I come back to reclaim my spot. Good thing these knuckleheads are cute or they'd be outta here. Seat thieves, they stink, shed, and one gets car sick, which is soooo fun, because both think they need to go buh bye car when I take the boys to school in the morning. Knuckle. Headed. Dogs. Oh, and they think when we get home, that they should get good girl treats for having helped me take the boys to school. Mebbe not so knuckleheaded, as I do give them the treats. LOL. Naw. They're knuckleheads.

I have a cinnamon swirl cake to bake. I got a couple cake mixes to just have on hand for those occasions I need something handy to make in a hurry. However, the cake is calling my name, and I might give in to the siren call of the cake mix.

I think maybe this afternoon we'll go do some school supply shopping. Fun stuff like graph paper for geometry and algebra. Glue sticks.

Such is the minutae in my life today. Ah, the romance of being a writer of romance...Where's my tiara? My boa? Oh, and don't forget the bon bons. I must have bon bons.

* * * * * * * * * *


Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Pablo Picasso

Imperfection is not our personal problem, it is a natural part of existing. ~Tara Brach












No comments: