Sunday, November 20, 2011

Inspiration

...It comes from a turn of a phrase, an element from a favorite TV show, a scent, a memory, a song, pictures...It's all around us, all we need to do is pay attention and tune into it. Artists use many mediums - paints, oils, canvas, pencil, paper; words, phrases, paragraphs; a camera - the possibilities are limitless. Since I craft with words, I use my medium - words, phrases, paragraphs (etc) to convey a picture the reader can envision in their mind. Translating the pictures below into words would be fun, and yes, I'll admit, I'm feeling a little niggle of inspiration. Who wouldn't, looking at these pictures?




At the moment, the rhythm of the rain pounding on the patio cover fires my imagination. The rain is pouring - relentlessly and ceaselessly - giving a beat to each breath we take, move we make, steps that take us around the house on our tasks - grateful to be inside where we're dry and warm. I love this sound, love watching the rain and smelling the rain. 


^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
~Aristotle~

Do or do not. There is no try.
~Yoda~

^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
advertising agencies in pakistan | advertising agencies in Lahore | advertising agencies in Karachi