Friday, January 20, 2012

Bits and Fluff

Bits and Fluff...because this entry is going to be just whatever erupts from my brain. 

First thing is that I've accidentally stumbled upon a (mostly) homemade chicken noodle soup that my entire family will eat. It's easy and can feed as few as it needs to, or as many as it needs to, and it's yummylicious. And I thought I'd share it. As is, it will serve 6 generous bowlfuls for, well, yanno, 6. 

3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2 cans chicken broth
8 cups water
1/4-1/2 cup chopped onion
3 stalks chopped celery
4 envelopes Lipton Noodle Soup (dry, we call it "Tiny Noodle Soup" and a generic is just fine)
Mixed veggies (any frozen veggies will work)
chopped carrots

Throw everything but the dry Lipton soup mix into a dutch oven type pot, and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat...letting it simmer until the veggies are tender (both the fresh and the frozen)...Add the Lipton soup and return to a boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve. No, the chicken seasoning flavor won't overwhelm you. 

 Other bits and fluff...I'm addicted to HGTV...I like a variety of the shows, but lately I've found myself frustrated with the hopeful home buyers who can't understand that they aren't, no matter what, going to find EXACTLY what they're looking for. Just saying, 'k? And another hint: if you don't like the color on the walls, you can always paint over it. Oh, and those who buy a fixer upper, then are upset when the unexpected/unbudgeted for expenses arise? HELLO? FIXER UPPER. Seriously folks. If you don't have some surprise(s) arise, you didn't look hard enough and you aren't doing it right. 

If there is one kid in the neighborhood a stray, collarless dog is going to glom onto, it's going to be MY kid, and it's going to be a nice, clearly a family friendly dog, and you're going to feel guilty for calling animal control to come get the dog. And you may wind up calling the pound the next day to see if you can find out anything about the dog (like, did the dog have a microchip so it could be reunited with its family?)...We'll see if I call to find out about the dog today. 

The day you have The Headache From Heckadoodle, that's knocked you off your feet all day, the kid you have to sit upon to get his homework done will have homework from just about every single class.
Also, your dog will curl up on the couch with you and nap with you until the phone rings. 

Onion rings. 

I like the Velveeta Cheesy Skillets commercials. "Liquid gold." CLICK HERE TO SEE ONE. 

I love Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. I'd vote for them if they ran for President/Vice President. 

Picked up a book by a new author the other day, mainly because the title caught my eye and I liked the back cover blurb. So far, I'm enjoying it - First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. I imagine I'll enjoy it all the way through, and will watch for her second novel's release.

And last, but not least, a rhyme that I can't get out of my head: Mares eat oats and does eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy...a kid'll eat ivy, too, how about you?

@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@
 

Write down the thoughts of the moment.  Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.  
~Francis Bacon~






No comments: