Monday, January 02, 2012

New Year, New Possibilities...

To celebrate the New Year, I posted a new short story called New Beginnings on my website. Here's a teaser, followed by a link to my Free Reads page.

~~**********~~


Krista Loomis took a deep, steadying breath and walked resolutely into the bar. Simply known as The Bar, it was “the” place to be New Year’s Eve. And as her plans had gone awry, leaving her unsettled, upset and more than a wee bit furious, she’d decided that a tremendous amount of liquor and great deal of noise was just what she needed to get her through the raw emotions finding her soon-to-be husband in bed, boinking her former best friend.


Phillip and Alisha deserved one another. 


And Krista deserved several stiff drinks and perhaps some hot, sweaty dancing with a stranger.



~~**********~~



Go HERE to go directly to my Free Reads page to find out how this story ends. While you're there, check out the holiday stories for Thanksgiving and Christmas, because next month, the Thanksgiving story will be removed to make room for February's Valentine's Day free read short story and in March, the Christmas story will be gone, too.

Click HERE to go to the main page of my website to see the new writing quotes. Now...if I could just figure out where I went before to edit that crazy sidebar, I'd be a very happy girl. I'm delighted with the new template I picked while I was updating the Free Reads page - very elegant and quietly romantic, IMO - would love to hear yours about my website's new look.

~~**********~~

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

May your 2012 be filled with JOY!

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.  
~Benjamin Franklin~

We will open the book.  Its pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.  
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce~

~~**********~~

ONE LAST THING...


My Pikachu, in desperate need of a trip to the Doggie Beauty Salon, co-opting the fleecy blanket I got for Christmas, made by my bestie, Sherry. Chu apparently didn't get the memo that NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS BLANKET! LOL.

~~**********~~









2 comments:

Ana Carneiro said...

This is lovely! Next I am going to read your short story! thanks for sharing =)

http://myveryownoneyearproject.blogspot.com/

Laura Hamby said...

Thank you for the comment, Ana!