Monday, April 29, 2013

True Love...Have you seen it? Have you experienced it? I hope most of us can say "yes" to at least one of those questions. I'm lucky enough to say "yes" to both.
 
 
 
I work as a caregiver for the elderly in their homes. I have a regular couple whom I see 3 times a week, 12 hours a day. As you can imagine, there are health issues for this lovely couple, which I will not go into because that's not the drift of this story. From here on out, this couple will be "He" and "She."

Yesterday, She took a couple hour nap. He asked me at regular intervals how She was, if She was going to get up, had I checked on her. When She finally came out, pure joy and pleasure beamed in his smile, twinkled in his eyes.

"There she is!" He reached out to grab her hand. "There she is."

"Here I am," said She.

And He went back to watching the game on TV, everything now right in his world.

3 comments:

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.