Friday, August 25, 2006

Romantic Comedy...

I love this sub-genre of romance. I really do. I love to make people laugh, and I love to laugh while I read. It's a great gift, in my opinion, to be able to laugh at the absurdities of life.

However, I've also discovered that humor is very subjective. What makes me grin and giggle may make someone else grimace in pain. However, I have more sympathy for a heroine who is able to see the absurd and laugh at herself or her situation, than I have for a whiner heroine.

On the Moonlit Romance Authors' Blog today, we all tried our hand at taking the same sentence and turning it into something funny. We all had different takes on it, but I found each offering to be funny.

So, what makes you laugh when you're reading? Have you ever found anything that doesn't make you laugh, even though that's what author intended you to do?

No comments: