Friday, September 01, 2006

How Come Nora Roberts Can Do That?

Alrighty then.

I've been reading lately, rather than writing like I should to meet a deadline. (Slaps wrist). Yes, as you might surmise from the title of today's brain blizzard, I've been reading Nora Roberts. It's one of the Irish Trilogies -- Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, and Heart of the Sea. I'm reading the last one now. Well, not RIGHT now. ;-)

Now, I know it's bad with a capital B-A-D to compare oneself to other writers, especially writers who's initials stand for "Nora Roberts" -- so I'm not doing that. Much.

Seriously, as I've read, I've noticed some "head-hopping." Now, not so much as you need a score card to keep track of what's what or who's who. It's subtle... to me, it seems to be more of a matter of perspective than point of view, and therefore, not really head-hopping at all.

Pardon me while I pause for a moment to erase the image of characters hopping on the tops of other characters' heads. *Ahem.*

Whew. I think that image is gone. Closes eyes to test that the image is indeed gone.

Pardon me, I seem to be fond of rabbit trails today. I'll blame the rain and the fact that I just got a "School's Out" notice--- yes, my 3 lovely boys will be home 2 hours early today. Eyes time in the bottom right hand corner of the monitor screen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: "Nora, how long did it take you to learn how to do that perspective thing so well, and do you give lessons?" :D

Oh, in case you were wondering... the Chocolate Muse Bait Trick worked yesterday. Contemplating actually getting out my chair and taking the 10 or so steps to the freezer to get more Muse Bait...

No comments: