Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Kids Say the Funniest Things

Last weekend, I saw a personalized license plate: "Goulet."

Hmmm, thought I. Outloud, "I wonder if Robert Goulet is here."

My husband said, "Doubt it."

My oldest son said, "Goulet? I thought a Goulet was a female ghoul."

Kids say the funniest things, don't they! Sometimes, it happens unintentionally. But there are times when they pull a funny off intentionally. Those are the best. My oldest son punned this one on purpose, which made it even more sublime, to my way of thinking. It shows he's understanding how to play around with words and finds value in humor.

A sense of humor, I think, is a key ingredient to a happy life. What's the point if you can't laugh. At yourself, at others (in the appropriate circumstances, of course), at situations in life that deserve it--- So many opportunities to laugh, to brighten your day and others with the sound of happiness-- why not cultivate humor in the children? It will stand them in good stead if they can appreciate jokes and laugh.

Truly.

Because a life without humor and laughter is like the Black Moment, without the Happily Ever After.

Just my opinion. What's YOUR take on humor?

No comments: