Yes, I actually had a list of things my mother said that I swore I'd never say when I was the Mommy. Now I'm the Mommy and I find myself saying... Yep... the Same Exact Things My Mother Said. Oh, the horror. How mortifying. However, these are time tested Mom Phrases, and these are my Top 10 (Some are my mother's some are of my own invention).
1. What do you say? (The universal "please"/"thank you" prompt)
2. Don't make me pull this car over.
3. Because I'm the Mom, that's why.
4. I don't what everybody else is doing. You're not everybody else.
5. Eat your vegetables. Green beans have never been known to kill anyone. (I hope.)
6. You can do that (sky dive, drive a motor cycle, pierce a body part...) when I'm dead.
8. Cleaning bedrooms has never been known to be fatal. (I hope.)
9. How'd you like to snack on a bar of soap?
And #10... Because I said so.