We survived the first week of school. Phew. What a relief.
1. The traffic snarfle in front of the high school is as horrible as I suspected.
2. There's this nifty li'l side street where I can drop my high schooler off, he can cross the street with the light, and once I figured out which way to go OUT after I drop him off, I can avoid most of the snarfle.
3. I told my younger boys that they should wait for me at the flag pole in front of their school yesterday, because it was going to be over 100 degrees and I just didn't feel the need to get there early to park and wait for half an hour for dismissal. This worked out so nicely, I think this will become the new routine.
4. High school is tiring. My high schooler is dead on his feet when we get home. I think it has something to do with all the hiking around campus he does to get from class to class. Poor kid.
5. School was easier when I was a kid.
Saturday highlights include...
1. Cleaning the house
2. Training laundry
3. Remembering to pick up my oldest from scout leadership training at 2 pm.
4. Staying cool, as it's going to be over 100 again today.
5. Writing. Yes, it's on the list of things to do.
Happy last weekend of August!