Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday In My Cave...

...
We survived the first week of school. Phew. What a relief.

Highlights:

1. The traffic snarfle in front of the high school is as horrible as I suspected.

2. There's this nifty li'l side street where I can drop my high schooler off, he can cross the street with the light, and once I figured out which way to go OUT after I drop him off, I can avoid most of the snarfle.

3. I told my younger boys that they should wait for me at the flag pole in front of their school yesterday, because it was going to be over 100 degrees and I just didn't feel the need to get there early to park and wait for half an hour for dismissal. This worked out so nicely, I think this will become the new routine.

4. High school is tiring. My high schooler is dead on his feet when we get home. I think it has something to do with all the hiking around campus he does to get from class to class. Poor kid.

5. School was easier when I was a kid.

Saturday highlights include...

1. Cleaning the house

2. Training laundry

3. Remembering to pick up my oldest from scout leadership training at 2 pm.

4. Staying cool, as it's going to be over 100 again today.

5. Writing. Yes, it's on the list of things to do.

Happy last weekend of August!

No comments: